How to build your deck. By correctly building a wooden deck, you can create a seamless transition between your home and your backyard. You should make your deck a place you can unwind and relax after a hard day. You can hire a professional or build it yourself, but it is essential to plan and design your deck – recommended site.
These are the five most important considerations when building a wooden deck:
1. There are many deck types that you can choose from. A patio deck attached to your house could be an option. Attach your patio deck to the family room or kitchen. How do you build a destination patio deck? A destination deck should be located somewhere with a beautiful view and not connected to your home. It is possible for the path to lead to the destination to be winding. How do I build a connector deck? A connector deck is made of multiple smaller decks linked together by pathways.
2. What are your deck activities? Are you planning to use your deck for cooking and barbecuing? Are you looking to host family and friend parties? Is your deck going to be a quiet place for relaxing, reading, or simply enjoying your favorite drink? Do you have a hot spa? You might want to make your deck more private by adding trees and landscaping to it. You need to spend time thinking about how to create a deck you love. A good book about building a wooden deck is available online.
3. Select the Size of Your Deck. A smaller yard or home might be more suitable for you. A deck that is too big could make your home seem smaller. The best thing is to keep the design simple. The deck design can be modified to include angles. Wood decks can be divided in two areas. You can use one section for relaxation and sunbathing while the other is for cooking and dining.
4. What Deck Materials should you Use? There are many parts to a wooden deck. Concrete footings might be necessary for decks constructed in areas subject to freezing winters. It may be necessary for decks built on sandy soil to have larger footings that can support the deck posts or beams.
If you have enough strength to support your deck, the posts can be made from 4″x4″ lumber. For decks that are elevated, 6’x6″ structural posts might be required. The posts will support deck beams horizontally. Deck joists support decking boards. They are placed horizontally at 12″, 16″, and 24″ intervals. Decking boards make up the deck’s floor. They extend from the joists.
5. Hire a professional or do it yourself. Except if you live far from the nearest city, permits and inspections may be required to build a wooden deck. Find out what permits and building inspections are required by your local officials. It is important to hire qualified professionals who can help you understand the legal requirements of building a deck.
Wood deck plans are used many, many more times than you might think. This is one way to understand how to build a wooden deck. You can get great ideas for deck construction by looking at deck plans.